View Single Post
      08-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #44
Mikewarlover
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: white

Coming from M cars owned an 09 sti and now driving a C63 heres my opinion.

If you are looking into a fun drive M3 isn't on the same level as the moded evo. The evo will handle better, feel faster, sound faster, stop faster and look faster. Evos can be made really fast really easy and you will eat a m3 around a track.

Now overall M3 is a better car for the following reasons. M3 is not only beautiful but it is also very fast and responsive. You can also pull some wonderful powerslide even if you ain't the greatest driver in the world. You can pull up to the nicest restraunt in town and feel like you worth a million dollars. M3 is also a better church car in case you actually go to the church.

It all comes down to what your needs are. I had a moded 09 sti and sold it quickly cause C63 is just too good to resist. I considered the M3 too but it just isn't as much fun to drive.

Heres my reasons for not getting a M3

1st the engine has no torque at all, feels just like the old S54 with more HP. Lack of torque makes it annoying when you are pushing the car. (and i think most m3 owners want more torque especially if they owned a car with one before. Now if they tell you about the flat torque curve being better thats just a way to make M3 owners feel better)

2nd the interior is nice and high tech but it feels a bit cold. everytime i get into a C63 i get a very warm feeling. (ok thats very personal)

3rd M3's brake sucks if you are gonna track the car. I know quiet a few people having to do BBK upgrade cause stock brake just isn't designed for laps and laps of consistant hard driving and braking. It also depends on which kinda of track you are on. My local track is a short 1.2mile circuit with tight corners and is really really hard on brakes.

4th M3 is a lot more expensive up here in canada than C63. New fully loaded C63 only cost 75k while a new loaded m3 will cost me 90k. The M3 isn't worth the extra 15k at all. C63 with Performance package which includes an LSD will run similiar time as the m3 around a track and fast in the staightline. Nevermind with a simple chip C63 will be making 520hp. M3 will never make that kind of power unless you go force induction which in my book is simply stupid. Cause with the money spent on FI you might as well get a GTR but thats a different story.