View Single Post
      05-29-2009, 07:37 PM   #12
marty_mcfly
Banned
Rep
Drives: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben14142001 View Post
^ True, but I don't think the 993 ever had an option of PCCBs, but I could be wrong. It thought they were first available on the 996 GT2's/3's. We had the option of getting them on our first GT3, an 04, and declined. And the are not that hard to "break," we have some good friends that track their cars a good amount during the summer and the PCCBs have a tendency to wear down quite quickly. We had one friend with a Challenge Stradale (Not PCCBs, but still ceramics) who raced his car until he had to get new pads and rotors.....it cost $30,000, haha, but that's a Ferrari. But we're very much on the same page here, for most people, PCCBs are an option that you probably don't need/want.
they were first introduced on the 993 turbo S i believe. i can be wrong but they DO have the yellow calipers but who knows about the actual pccbs themselves we have an 04 GT3 as well equipped with PCCBs and they have been holding up just fine. you just gotta remember to warm them up before pushing the car and know how to do so. at least that's what we've been doing. then again, the car sees the track probably about 12-15 days a year. if a hardcore track junkie wants PCCBs, i would recommend the brembo GTs.
Appreciate 0