11-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #56
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by warzilla View Post
I had a 335i coupe and now the M3 coupe. There is a huge difference between the two.

Personally, I think this thread is a waste cause both the 997 and M3 are great cars. Either one is great to own. To poo-poo one over the other doesn't make any sense to me.

But I would take either one over a Cayman S anyday, anyplace, anytime.
You're right. Both the M3 and the 911's reserve place for being industry examples in their class

Honestly, I'd take a 987 boxster s over a e9x M3 any day. Droptop in a Porsche with a mid engine is beyond sublime. I don't want to make this into another 987 vs M3 thread but its just not fair how little credit goes to a great car like the boxster/cayman because people think its a car reserved for females.. Which I do not understand. I see more people around my area driving 993 droptops and 997 turbos that a females.

Likewise to the person that said people wouldn't break their neck unless its a GT3 or a GT2.. I'd have to disagree on that. The looks I get on my car definitely prove different and I drive "only" a carrera S cab.. In fact.. I don't think I've ever seen a GT2 on the road and the last 997 RS i saw (black on pumpkin orange) a CHICK was driving it. Definitely did a double take for that.