View Single Post
      12-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #86
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Wow, that car didn't even last 10 years!?! Was that normal back then? When I worked at NASA, my boss told me a similar story, he had to put a quart in his Beetle every morning for his 10 mile commute back in the Apollo days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
This thread reminded me of my very first car I purchased a 1953 Oldsmobile ... it leaked engine oil like crazy ... still I took it to New York City

Filled the trunk with oil cans and on my way I went ... on arrival in NYC I told the gas station attendant ... Check the Gas and fill up the Oil ... the fellow simply replied in his fine NY accent "Say what dude?" ... I simply repeated ... "Check the Gas and fill up the Oil!" for I used every can of the 24 pints of oil I had in the trunk when I left Montreal

BTW. Needless to say I never made it back with that car to Montreal, it was scrapped in NYC I took the train back home ... them were the good old days the year was 1961.