View Single Post
      07-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #32
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP

first i'd say buy a used one... 1-2 yr old... this way if your situation changes (wife-to-be gets pregnant, free-place-to-stay vanishes, you know, life shit...) you can sell your expensive car and get back into something more within your budget without too much of a hit...
60k car on a 65k salary??? not saying you cant do it, but some months might be a bit tight... there are some nice cars in the 40k range, might be a better option... pay it off quick (probably 20-30% faster than a $ 60k car), keep it for a few years and save a whole pile of cash while you have no mortgage / no kids... what about saving $$$ to buy a house down the road? trust me, even with my $ 80k + salary, i wish i had never bought my $ 40k car when i decided to buy a house (nothing fancy, the cheapest one in the area...) financial life is not just about loans / mortgage / car payments... think about vacations, nights out, all that crap adds up at the end of the month !!!
anyway,, someone said we're not here to give financial advice, that's true
car-wise, the M3 i'm sure is awesome...

either way, good luck with your choice ! if i were you, i'd get a used e46 M3... 90% of the fun for 50- 60% of the price of a brand new one !
Appreciate 0