View Single Post
      01-04-2008, 07:17 AM   #37
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Thought I'd give a little update about the production of my car. It went into status 112 today, which means they're collecting the parts for the car, and early next week it'll go to 150, or assembly. Also, I setup a courtesy delivery at South Bay BMW instead of the car going to my dealership in IL. They want $500 to do it, so do you guys think that's a fair price?
I think $500 is the standard advertised courtesy deliver price.

I presume you bought from the dealership in IL because they had no waitlist when you were making the purchase, rather than due to getting a discount on MSRP (which would be unheard of at this point in the game)?

One thing to be careful with is where you will have the car serviced. If you plan to have the car serviced at South Bay, make sure you trust them. I know we'd all like to think that no dealership would hold an out of state purchase against you, especially just for waitlist reasons, but there are some pretty shady BMW dealerships out there. My dealership knows I bought out of state and did ED. But I never tell them I bought out of state because I was able to beat their price by thousands. I just tell them it was because I am friends with the owner. You case is obviously much different, but still, just something to keep in mind.
Appreciate 0