Brenzo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
I try not to do that
I'm more so referring to when stopped at notoriously long traffic lights or a 100+ car freight train - definitely not when driving . In actuality, I've found myself reaching for my phone less since getting my first BMW because I enjoy the driving experience so much I don't want anything to detract from it.

Quote:
Why use BT audio if you're going to have it plugged in for charging? If you're going to attach a cable, you might as well run the wire into the armrest console for USB audio playback + charging. Plus, running a USB cable is less bulky and in the way than the cigarette lighter charger.
The only reason I can think of, and this may not apply to you, is that Spotify enables steering wheel controls (and displays song information) when connected via BT Audio, but not when connected via USB. Well, sometimes song data / album art will show, but it's hit or miss and that's a completely different frustration of mine (desperately want a Spotify BMW App...)

Also, playing via BT Audio enables you to pass the phone around the car and let others choose the playlist. And since BT is such a battery suck, having a holder/mount that can easily charge the phone is nice.

Quote:
Cool, post a review.
Will do with a link posted here.
Appreciate 0