View Single Post
      09-27-2011, 04:24 PM   #40
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

I like to think of these newer cars as Eurofighters and the 1M as a WW2 or Korean War era fighter. Less fly by wire, less electronic intervention. Both have a limit that require amazing pilots to extract. I don't get all the hating about the GTR and the paddle shifting Ferrari. Sure, the computer is doing something for you, but it's doing that so you can focus on going that much faster than in a more "mechanical" car, like a 1M.

Faster cars require more electronic meddling because there's a limit to the human inside, both physically and mentally. A 500+ horsepower car with absolutely NO electronic safety net (no abs, no dsc, no power steering, no power brakes) is a horrible car to drive--sure, it might be fun for a day or two, but it's not "driver's car" as it tires out the driver's arms, legs, and mind. You're constantly having to baby the throttle and counter the slip, etc...C'mon, to say the GTR drives for you---it's not quite fair. I mean, all the cars here basically help you brake, steer, and measure the throttle input already. You're still in control as much as a pilot is in control of a supersonic fighter, even though everything he does goes through miles of wires and electronic nannies.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0