01-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #200
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
which one? There's some very nice vintage Omega's out there.
It was on the 'bay with a bit of a crack smokin' BIN - 50's gold Seamaster automatic with dauphine hands and a ***green face*** - my best offer was accepted almost immediately, and I've been looking without seriously looking for several years for a "serious" watch with a green face as that's pretty much my color - I have green eyes and for whatever reason whenever I wear a green dress shirt I get compliments from people. However there don't seem to have been that many watches made with green faces - pink/rose, yes, blue certainly, green - not so much?

I just hope I don't regret the purchase because I still paid a good amount for it (a little over $700,) and I'm a little worried about the gold filled case - I'm definitely more of a stainless kind of guy. I paid that much just because of the green ace though and that the watch is almost exactly the same style as an old Longines that I have that used to be my daily wearer - but I started to get nervous about getting caught in the rain etc. so maybe a Seamaster is the perfect step up?

If this thread is still going when I get it, I'll post up a couple pics.

As an aside, related to previous comment - where the hell do you buy dress shirts when you're 5'11" but don't weigh 300 lbs? I actually dragged my roommates' girlfriend shopping with me a couple weeks ago, ended up at Brooks Brothers which was the only place that had "slim fit" fitted shirts, only got four and paid too much for them, and my choices were apparently blue and white. I'm *this* close to starting to have my shirts custom tailored for lack of any other choices, but I really don't make the kind of money that allows one to do that...
Appreciate 0