02-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #10
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draff1 View Post
I agree. Piece of mind and OEM-like drive-ability is why many choose Dinan. I guess I expect a bit more from them in terms of addressing the torque dip since they pride them selves on performance without compromise. Maybe it means that the dip can't be addressed with software?
Dinan don't address the torque dip because it is not an issue with their middle exhaust. The Torque dip is an issue that seems more prominent with the Akrapovic Evolution system than any other exhaust.

Dinan's software is specifically for their middle exhaust and it works well with it. I am sure the dip could be addressed with playing with the valve overlap in the VANOS tables however it would take some trial and error to get it right. Believe me the dip is in an area of the powerband where most people never spend much time. Yes the dip is there but I have learned to stay out of the rev-range it exists in by downshifting before the revs drop below 3K RPM