03-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
on the close call --> this is why track insurance is a good idea.

cool vid thx. looks like you were driving through a sandstorm at times...although that may have just been glare.
Drove thru a lot of incidents w/ dust being kicked up and it was blurring the videocam lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti-Jean View Post
Nice Driving!

I was there the week-end before with the SD BMWCCA guys running the same direction (CW).

That close call was pretty scary. That could have easily been a 3 car crash ruining your week-end. During the BMW club race the week-end I was there, one racer put 2 wheels off at the same spot and almost had contact with another car trying to save it. That's differently a turn to watch for when running CW. If you don't trust the car in front... don't get too close there!
Thanks JS.

Indeed, easily a 3 car crash. Had that grey S2k edged further back out onto the track, my oh my...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe@trinityautosport View Post
DAMN! That was close!
Sure was! Not sure how your car fared on Sat, but a lot of incidents that day. Got a another spot on the windshield cracked by a flying rock while approaching T16, ran over a large plastic undertray between T10 and T11, almost got hit by a Vette in the hot pit lane, a track buddy badly bent a wheel at T3, etc.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0