04-26-2011, 04:46 PM   #14
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Whoever came up with the product name isn't the brightest tool in the shed.
Lol first thing I thought of too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
This shows how gullible some people can be. Evidently these chaps have never heard of voltage regulators or capacitors. You also don't determine mpg by filling the tank. To accurately measure mpg you use precision onboard data acquisition measurement equipment. Note that the perceived diff was four teaspoons of fuel... or 1.5% by his calculations. A change in wind, air temp, accelerating, idling, etc. could all individually account for a 1.5% change in mpg. He didn't even run a blind test or A-B-A testing to try and get an accurate result. This is pretty amature and typical reporting by the technically challenged. I'll bet the company sells millions of these as a result.

Companies make millions from duping gullible consumers. Don't you think with the tens of millions a year that car makers spend to increase mpg by 1 mpg, they would employ this device if it actually worked? It probably cost pennys to make. It always amazes me how many people have little to no technical training nor reasoning skills.
Couldn't have put it better. What an idiot. He actually said at the end any change could be in due to the many other factors and then concluded that the device appeared to have worked. wtf lol. I would be interested if there was maybe a 10% increase but for 1.6% it is so minute that it is probably due to other factors.

+1 on the cost too. These little 12V plug in things cost nothing to make. You can buy ipod chargers for like £1 on ebay lol.