View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
AWM3ME2
Keep practicing your almost there....
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrantyTracker View Post
Glad you had a good time. I will make a note to go over there and walk the track when I'm at the Jefferson the end of this month

When you say turns 1 & 2, are you using the same designations as on the map at the beginning of the thread? Isn't the run-in to those turns all of like, 350 feet? I'm not sure I would even shift in that section in my M3, though I would certainly need to upshift to 3rd in my E21. Do you hang in for a super-late apex in the transition between 1 & 2 and then follow the inside edge around 2 for a good set-up on 3 & 4? Or do you double-apex the 1-2 combination, tracking way out after 1?

The reason I ask is, I'm still learning, and I'm curious about different people's approaches to any given track section. I would do the two-apex approach in my E21 so I would have more time after the apex to upshift and settle the car into speed before the next esses, but I might do the late apex in the M3, since I can do the whole combo from the straight to turn 3 in one gear.

Thanks!
I say go full throttle and don't lift. LOL J/K. Just take your time in learning the course and everything else will fall in place. Then again maybe thats why i was not able to catch up to knolow and get a point by.
Appreciate 0