04-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #54
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
There was a regular 3 series who had complained to the BMW dealer regarding the sludge build up and how he uses BP ultimate all the time. He couldn't get a definitive answer from BP, and the service rep blamed it on poor fuel.

What BP is saying is making sense. I drive to work in the morning and it takes about good 5 km for the engine to reach optimum temperature and then I drive for another 5 km and shut off the engine. So there is no time for the burn off and clean the spark plugs.

Have a look at this link from the NGK website and it confirms what BP is saying:

http://www.ngk.com.au/spark-plugs/te...-plug-analysis

I need to go for a regular highway drive above 80km/h to complete the burn off cycle. I might also consider six-monthly oil change.

I know some extended family members have Subaru and as part of the warranty condition they need to change oil every six months. When you look at it it does make sense now.

I know BMW Australia have been trying to have the CBS changed from 24 months to 12 months because of excessive sludge build up but for some reason BMW AG have not accommodated this recommendation.

BMW Australia's regional technical manager is visiting Perth soon, and I know his quite well, so I might get a chance to speak with him and see what he has to say.

I think this forum is brilliant and we can share our experience.
Good link to NGK....THX !
Also....i'm curious when you will see the BMW technical manager in Perth
Appreciate 0