04-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #52
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I had another short email from BP Australia, and according to that this issue is not widespread in Europe because a component called ethers is used in the fuel there and also the cooler climate compared to Australia enable the oxygenation to last longer. It also advises for driving behaviour like mine, to change oil every six months. Some car manufacturers recommend this according to BP Australia. May be this is to counter sludge build-up.
Yes...now it's become complicated
So this maybe explain my cleaner spark plugs with less build up,by the warmer,and in Australia ...we can it better calling hotter than in Europe,and in my case Belgium !
BTW....this morning at 04.30 AM it was -2 ° Celsius ! and it's spring,seems this year that winter never ends, and that now almost 5 months !
I would like to be in Australia now....but NOT for my spark plugs ,fuel and oil !
And i was thinking, we can proof if BP is right or wrong ?!?!
We can exchange our car's ,you take my car and i take your car with new spark plugs and drive about 10,000 miles...check spark plugs...and the proof is delivered....but this is..... but a good experiment !
But BMW should know about this problem,they test their car's everywhere in the world with huge temperature differences !!!
So.... maybe we need to ask BMW about this spark plug problem and actually you need to ask them...you have this spark plug problem ..i do not.
But please let us (me) know...when you have any update's about this problem !
Aussiem3....THX...

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-05-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0