F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan239 View Post
Hi All,

I am currently a university student in USA and am VERY MUCH interested in pursuing a summer internship at BMW M GmbH, in the area of Information Technology. I saw their online listings at the BMW careers website, but none are for the M group.

Would anyone be able to provide me any feedback on how to go about applying at BMW M or connect me with someone I can speak with about the same?

Thanks in advance.
I can respect your motivation but dude, I think you are dreaming. I work in IT security for a phone company so I know that all companies (including BMW) have large IT departments even if they arent necessarily an "IT company". However, being so picky that you want a summer internship, in IT, in BMW M is probably not very realistic. I doubt there is anything M specific available out there and if there is than that stuff is probably given to senior M engineers or to other high performers that are already with the company. BMW is not just going to hire any joe schmo off the street to work in the M division. They are going to go with their best trusted engineers. If I were you I would be happy to get anything even related to IT anywhere in the BMW family or any other auto company for that matter even if it is Mini Cooper or VW.