08-25-2012, 10:17 AM   #12
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by besiktas View Post
What type of a difference one should expect if the event is run by and organization like BMW CCA versus a company like trackdaze or IMG. I have never been to a CCA event before.
I think the CCA events in our areas are better suited when you first start out. They do tend to run skid pads which is a great way to learn some car control, but can be a bit too structured at times. Our chapter also tends to be fairly big which leads to too many cars on track sometimes, sold out events that you need to register far in advance etc.

Then again with some other organizations which are more laissez-faire there can be a lot more incidents in the upper run groups, which is something to think about. I loved them in the beginning because they run the events with safety in mind. They dont allow some Corvettes and Lotus models which tends to reduce car diversity. Track daze seems to occupy the middle ground as far as I can tell.

These days I'm pretty organization-agnostic, I just go when I have time and there's an event at the track I want...

Just my opinion of course...

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0