View Single Post
      10-19-2011, 05:29 PM   #111
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
I doubt you're hurting anyones feelings. I just just fail to see how it leads to anything constructive.
Its about as constructive as a bunch of NON-car people, talking about cars before doing any research, make assertions and comments that are just plain naive. I think the reason is that people are just padding threads, not adding facts, numbers, or constructive ideas. It's a lot of fluff, not a lot of relevance.

See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
I'm not stupid, but if saying that makes you feel better so be it. Thanks for the immature comment. Typical M3 forum member you are indeed. It's hard to post something on this forum without someone making an ignorant childish response. So typical. This is one of the downfalls of the M3 forum. I rarely see comments like this on other forums I follow.

Did I mention anything about the last generations? What does that have to do with my comments? You didn't even properly respond to my post. Well your assumptions are false as I'm well aware of the GTRs history dating back to 1969, including it's racing history. In fact some of those cars were imported here.

Anyway, I was responding to your statement that there are many other cars to choose from that will allow similar performance. Maybe you should read your own thread to see that. See above. It's not all about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times. The civic was obviously an exaggerated example that can be applied to an EVO, Mustang, etc.

Erio, here it is in a nutshell; the Skyline GT-R from about 10 years ago was capable of similar performance. If you are well versed you'd know that about 10 years ago some special edition R34- GTRs were running sub 4 seconds 0-60, without all the technology, tires that the current GT-R has.

Don't bring up a civic, bring up an EVO or a GTR, cars with production level highly tuned cars like the Evo FQ400 or the Z-Tuned Skyline GTR, don't sit here and bullshit me with a honda civic. You want to have an educated debate, bring the facts...

On every other forum, threads like this would get crushed with people who actually race, actually tune their own cars, or get their hands dirty (not via the keyboard). I don't get the feeling that you have any real hands on experience or history with modified cars...
Appreciate 0