03-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #22
mr_yogi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyek View Post
Thank you all for the great replies. This has been very helpful. I'll look into CPO cars. Additionally, if I were to order the vehicle new, do payments begin once the vehicle is delivered or the day the order is placed? The reason I ask is because I plan to pay for this car with future cash flows that will be coming in around July time frame.

I plan to keep the car for 4-5 years and possibly for longer time and at that point will purchase a second car. Mileage, this is hard to predict but I'd say somewhere around ~10k/yr.

Regarding the payments - they start after you sign the contract (up to a month after depending on when you sign). A noticeable discrepancy between first payment and having full possession of the vehicle realy only happens if you do ED. Because you sign contract before you leave for Europe plus the addtl lead time it takes for the car to get back after you're done with the trip.

In summation: If you aren't doing ED, then you'll start payments only after you take delivery of the car.
Appreciate 0