04-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #23
ba22
Hello
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 (gone), E90 330i (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNG
Busy night you've had on this tread guys... The nut licking comment is funny and BA22 seems upset that he didn't say it first. LOL

"fanboi" is perfectly understandable and when describing a closeted queer as he accused you of being earlier on but that's for another time as you've denied any nut licking knowledge. Go check out www.urbandictionary.com (look up: fanboi). Your picture won't be up there, but it will describe you well enough.

Ba: unless there have been documented testing by legitimate & independent labs, no one can defunct what you "think" of which wheel is engineered better. Owning a few sets of HRE wheels does by no means make you an expert at build quality let alone a company's engineering abilities.

I will give props to HRE for their marketing though, they've been able to convince many (such as yourself) of their superiority enough to have people that are not on their payroll (I assume), to rant, rave, and defend their products well into the night with a complete stranger without any direct knowledge or facts (other than what they've read from their website & brochures).

I'm not knocking HRE in the least. They make a nice product and command respect (especially with their exuberant pricing), but are they the best or better than DPE?... probably not, but who knows - Certainly NOT you.

PS. you seem like a post count hungry infantile yourself. Don't accuse someone of acting like a 16 yo and then knock their spelling/ "English", (which you were wrong about, as well). LOL

Thanks Demon, Cab & Tlyer (your consolation prize is the mail - lol)

and a special thanks to BA for a great laugh this beautiful Thursday morning.
You are a slow one, aren't you? Try to pay attention carefully because I wouldn't be in my right mind to continue this childish back and forth with every single person, nor do I have any interest to. This is why I asked if we wanted to all continue to act like 16 years old, you apparently do. Which is fine and I'm assuming the only reason is because you got a gang of other members behind you who replied with no relevance to anything I originally said. That said, not sure what's to thank them about or WHY you are thanking them?

First of all, I do not care about the term "fanboi" and it bites me in the ass why you keep investing more time to make your point, when in actuality you are arguing something that was already incorrect from the beginning. You should have left it there. For everyone: "Fanboi" is NOT a REAL word. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fanboi That's your problem, you were looking at the wrong dictionary pal.

I don't need anyone to believe my "opinion" of which wheel is better. In fact, although this back and forth is not going to last much longer, I'll refrain from including my opinion about that in my future posts. I was out of line discrediting this new wonderful product from DPE and if I would have known I would be wasting so much time, I would have very likely never posted. I didn't realize this was a public forum where I can exercise my opinion freely, how dare me!?! Sorry it so upset you.

I realize that the one's who are educated on the subject can quickly define the differences and the better of the two. But then again, I'll refrain from going there. To get back on topic, yes I'm also contributing to steering away from my primary point, which by the way has been overlooked again because the kiddish crap "fanboi" and "nut licking" were more important topics of this dialog. But let me copy and paste it for you or you can refer back to post #17:

Quote:
But let's get it clear that I didn't say anything about anybody inventing anything. What I find interesting is that you have a dozen small brands jumping in to make a quick buck off the success of the HRE Monoblok wheels. I haven't seen so much buzz and demand for the monoblock styles since HRE introduced their line up. Also, I wouldn't compare the Neez mesh wheel with the HRE P40 wheel as they don't share similar characteristics like the new DPE wheel (that the OP posted) and the P40 clearly do! Regardless, we are speaking aesthetics only which do not matter much to me anyways. I care more about engineering, unsprung mass, etc. If DPE made a new monoblock wheel that is engineered better than the P40, which I doubt, but if they did, then I give them major props.

Please spare me the "fan boy" comments. I have many favorite wheel brands. HRE is not one of them, although I do think they build great wheels and have owned a few sets of their wheels.
Ultimately, I have nothing to prove or gain continuing this except to defend my future identity on these forums. I don't need anyone to counter argue my opinion, as ridiculous as that sounds. I welcome your response, but rest assured I'm opting out because I've already made my point and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAZNGC
ab... You couldn't have more correct about this guy. Check out this link and see the very last sentence of the post/ article and you'll see where BA22 gets his "knowledge and expertise"
Thanks detective. This validates my above point about you. Refer back to post #19 where I when onto to briefly explain that any knowledge that I've gained was from my many years of buying aftermarket wheels. No, I haven't seen that link you posted, but the term is widely used and known (even for consumers, believe it or not!), not to mention it's basic physics.

Have a nice day.
Appreciate 0