View Single Post
      12-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Choosing the right processor

It almost seems as if choosing the proper processor is one of the most important factors when it comes to the purchase of my laptop. I am a computer noobie when it comes to processors. I was wondering if anyone who is knowledgable with processors can help me choose some processors that would suit me. Right now I have a HP G62 Notebook with the Intel i5 M430 processor. Just like any human, my laptop is getting old & tired. And It's time for a new one.

I use my laptop 99% for internet purposes. No gaming whatsoever. All internet. For example, I'll have the google map broswer open as well as 4 or 5 other folders from various websites all open at the same time. When I use google maps I want the time it takes between going from the satellite view to the street view of whatever I'm looking at to take place within seconds, not 12 seconds, but like 3 seconds. I might have microsoft word or excel up at the same time. I hope my description of how I use my laptop is good enough. I am thinking the Intel i7 processor would be good. I'm just not sure which one, as there are 15+ to choose from. Maybe it doesn't even matter for me? Maybe 1 or 2 suggestions - one where the price is no budget and another where price/value somewhat lineup with each-other. Or intel is not even the right one for me? AMD? Help!
Appreciate 0