View Single Post
      05-30-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
lutfy
Captain
Rep
Drives: G87 M2, NASA ST5 86, Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
So I purchased 2 set of Brass caliper bushings from Bavarian Auto Sport to upgrade all 4 oem M3 Brake calipers...Came to find out they did not fit the larger guide pin bushings on the front calipers (but do fit the rears).

I subsequently purchased a set from Bimmerworld that is specifically designed fit the front calipers...

...so here is my Dilemma Bav. Auto directions state to install the bushing so that the snap ring is on the outside of the caliper. BW's directions are the exact opposite and states to install bushing with snap ring side on the inside of the caliper which looks like more of a PITA to get the snap ring on.

My rears have been installed with snap ring facing out. Who is right? does it really matter?... Anyone been a long term user of these bushings...how are yours installed?
Used them on 2 diff cars now including my E90 M3. I have mine snapped on the inside following BW direction. My suggestion would be to call BW and speak with them. Personally that would be your best bet (to confirm or otherwise).

Your pads are going to thank you

Lutfy
Appreciate 0