View Single Post
      07-21-2011, 01:24 PM   #18
mazing
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 Jet Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XTR3M3 View Post
Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to come across unlike an ass and actually state numerous times that it's just my personal preference, someone is still going to take it the wrong way.

I did not start this as a mine is better than yours in any way shape or form and made an effort to clearly state that. If to you a car with a roof is not an option, no matter what my car with a roof is, how can mine possibly be better? It is an opinion and a preference.

I was truly hoping someone would be able to give me some insight about choosing a vert, but all I keep getting is defensive responses. Even tho I tried not to offend anyone, it still happened.

I did not start a new thread about this because I really don't care enough, and judging from how the last few posts went, it would go to hell in a hand basket.

I'm not some irrational asshole and I would ask the same question to a Porsche or Ferrari owner. I do have family who have a Porsche Turbo Vert and a F430 Vert. I don't get that as much as I don't get an M3 vert but since it's family I guess it easier to have that convo without anyone getting offended.
I thought I did in my reply. I chose the vert because I always wanted one. Which was the logic behind me getting a 335i Vert first.

There is just something about a convertible to me (in the right climate of course) that was appealing.

I drove the M3 coupe but, wanted to get an M3 vert because after owning a vert it became clear to me that it is what I really like, I felt "closed in" in the coupe and you don't see many M3 verts (plenty of verts BMW and others) on the road down here. I drive with the top down almost everyday (unless really hot in the afternoons) and love the sound of both the motor and the exhaust too. I didn't think twice regarding extra weight, price, performance degregation or anything else.

If that didn't come across in my post then I hope this clarifies it a bit.