View Single Post
      10-19-2010, 10:49 PM   #5
Splooge911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
yes BMW does still offer the Safe Lease...

my brother just got into a 335is about 3 weeks ago and was offered this plan. From what I overheard it covers up to $5K worth of damage including tire and wheel wear and tire (different from the tire and wheel protection program which covers you throughout your lease for tire and/or wheel repair, safe lease only covers wear and tear @ lease return.)

I've been researching safe lease quite a bit as well lately as my car is getting closer to delivery. From what I've read over on bimmerfest it seems there are some things you need to go over in the fine print of this plan. Some report that safe lease only covers up to $500 per incident, and a max of $5K/10 incidents. I am unable to confirm this as my brother's safe lease contract is still being mailed to him. I've also read/heard that safe lease also covers a little mile overage as well, how many miles again I am not sure.

As far as price goes, seems it varies dealership to dealership for some reason. One dealership quoted $595, others as much as $1200 (read one person stating he was asked how much he was willing to pay for it while in the finance office, he said $499, the finance guy said "done" so perhaps, like everything else, I think it's negotiable. And before you ask, yes...you have to purchase the safe lease plan form the dealership you got your car from....

I'm still waiting to read over my brother's safe lease paperwork to see if there is in fact a $500 max coverage per incident.

I currently have the wear and tear coverage that used to be offered by BMW on my current e60 535i lease. This lease ends in december and since I have this coverage I don't have to schedule any repairs (a few scrapes to the bottom of the front bumper) or worry about purchasing tires before I return it (rft's can be costly), I'm hoping to have the same peace of mind when I return my M3 3 years from now....
Thats interesting. I read that when you return a car with the Safe Lease coverage, they try to find everything they can wrong with the car to put in a claim. Im sure the dealership would sell the package for a lose of $500 just cause they know they can find $1000+ worth of "damage" in 3 years

I might pass on the tire warranty and just go with this plan. I'll replace the tires halfway through the lease and then just run them down to bowling balls before i turn the car in.

I have 4 weeks to keep thinking.
Appreciate 0