07-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Rapture
I'm suckin gas but I'm haulin ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP MW/SO

Posting this in here from http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...5#post14349435

Quote:
Here is my Ground Control FS thread with pictures: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=758157

I had my GC kit up for sale for a short amount of time. The asking price was very low, around $500. That was the lowest seen at the time.

Eric contacted me via PM with his phone number (which was disconnected not too long after, I should add)

We texted back and forth a little about the price and we eventually talked on the phone regarding the steps to take to make the GC kit like new again.

Eric battled with me about the price form the very beginning to the very end.

We met up at a gas station by my house. Eric was late, about 30 minutes late.

We talked about our cars and the industry. He told me many tales of his days working for Eibach and many other high end and well known aftermarket car brands.
Eric just wanted to tell me about all his cool projects and cool things he had done. He talked my ear off both on the phone and in person. Most everything was utter BS.

When I showed him the suspension piece by piece explaining what needed to be replaced he seemed perplexed by all the suspension names and components. He didn't know what a heim joint was. He didn't know how the set up would fit on a stock strut even after I showed him the instructions provided. Overall, he didn't seem knowledgeable when it came to the suspension parts he had been supposedly working around for so long.

Then he handed me a handful of disorganized cash.
I'm not stupid, Eric seemed a few sandwiches short of a picnic so I had to count the cash out.
He had handed me $350 in assorted bills from 20s to 1s

I immediately told him he had shorted me and that the agreed price both over the phone and through text message was $420.

Eric was quick with excuses. He had just bought something for his daughter, his bank was being difficult, the economy had hurt him, he was a few days away from a paycheck, etc

He handed me another $10 and said he would give me more cash via PayPal if I wanted. I said I preferred cash in person. Eric then told me he could get me hooked up with Hankook. He tried to justify shorting me on the suspension by "hooking me up with a sweet Hankook sponsorship." This, of course, was more BS.

I took the cash and sent Eric along his merry way. I was happy to have that god awful kit gone and happy to not have to talk or deal with Eric again.

Eric contacted me a few times after our initial meet up. He really liked my Vorsteiner hood and front bumper. He tried to get me to hook him up with the same parts. I don't know why he kept contacting me for these parts even after I told him I wouldn't be selling the stuff off my car and I couldn't get him the same stuff new. Eric kept on telling me in the mean time that he was sending pictures of my car to his marketing guy at Hankook and that I would be getting new tires soon and Hankook wanted to use my car for advertising. This was all BS again, I knew it. Eventually I stopped hearing from Eric. I was relieved.

I did some background research on Eric as well. I have a few contacts in the aftermarket industry where Eric said he had worked in the past. Everyone I spoke to told me to stay as far away from him as possible. The words scammer, thief, and liar were repeated by nearly everyone I spoke to. A cousin in the industry told me all about Eric in detail. He apparently is well known and has been black listed by more companies than I can count on both hands. A few people I spoke to told me they were carrying out legal recourse against him.

I am glad all of this came to light. Although my experience with him was not horrible it was definitely not good.

Eric, I hope you read everything everyone has to say about you, you no-talent ass-clown.

I will try to add more details as they come to me. All this happened around the beginning of November 2012.
Appreciate 0