Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS View Post
Pretty much, technically if you put a post 74 engine that was factory fitted with emissions devices then I believe you have to retain the emissions stuff but on a pre 74 car it's not like anyone is ever going to check up on you as long as it isn't obnoxiously loud so basically do whatever you want
this is truth... i would've answered this last night when i came home at 430am but was too tired haha.

hmmm, thinking about it... didn't the smog laws first comeinto place around 1968? i thought it was car's and engine pre-68? more than likely you're correct though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
There is an interesting thread on e46 right now regarding the "best" NA engine of all time. It's clear from the answers that most of those guys don't know anything about cars lol.

What do you guys think?

I think the Honda F20c is one of the best (if not, the best) engines of all time. For it's size, it makes an incredible amount of power (nearly 125hp/L), has a 9000 redline, and will last for 500,000 miles (more, I'm sure, but no F20c has reached that yet) with nothing more than oil changes.

Some of you guys will probably think that I'm crazy, but I know Jason has to agree (at least partly) with me on this one lol.
i agree 100%... F20C is probably one of the greatest NA engines EVER MADE (piston powered).

with that said....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftDreamzSS View Post
NA 20b 3 rotor for me. Non turbo rotary engines are very reliable and the 3 rotor makes about the same power as a decently modded turbo 2 rotor, plus the exhaust note of a 20b with port work is damn sexy.

Ive always loved the Chevy dz302 as well, a small block v8 that would rev past 7000rpm from the factory in 1967 is damn cool.
i also agree here... the 20B 3-rotor. 2L... makes about 250hp. so about the same as the F20C BUT i think the 20B didn't come naturally aspirated did it? you had to physically remove the turbos to convert it to NA. i'm sure i'm wrong but i've never claimed to be all knowing. haha
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0