View Single Post
      04-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #155
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
My response was to AussieM3's statement that an update couldn't be performed with the controller installed. I stated that the update could be updated with the controller installed, as a fact, having firsthand experience, where AussieM3 states he has no firsthand experience. The misinformation is not about who could do it, but whether it could be done or not. Dealerships were never mentioned until now.

All you had to do was ask for more information instead getting amped up over a forum post.
You kind of forgot who created this thread, dude.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=95

This is not a pissing contest, and only you are calling names like a child. Multiple times in this thread several people -that really know and have done more than you- have stated that no dealer will be able to update the car with a P/N that is not part of the VO. Why it was repeated several times? Because we want forum members to know all the facts behind this unofficial retrofit/swap before they actually go ahead and buy parts and then find out these small details that could block a warranty update of the car.

So you got an aftermarket coder to update your car bypassing the controller. Good. I said that a little more than 3 years ago. You should have repeated so and moved on without really looking like an ass yourself.
Appreciate 0