View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
IbanezGod
997TT, X5M
Rep
Drives: 997TT, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
Not cool, not cool at all. That's now how you base your descision to a 10+ year friend.

you mean I shouldn't base who I chose based on the bachelor party right?

If that's the case, it's more so of his zero involvement and unwillingness to even ask to help or make up for it. I would expect that he's at least open his mouth to say "hey let's do something me and you" to make up for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
so your friend is a 30 yr old married to a 24 yr old? While not unheard of, i wonder how the maturity and thinking levels effect the relationship.

Also, ideally she would just be starting a career and prone to changing jobs, moving locations, etc. Him being 30 is probably settled in his career and wouldn't want to up root, granted that he doesn't have the flexibility.

Interesting is all. Wonder how much drama is in that relationship, if any.
Maturity varies. They are both insecure and he's extremely possessive and a little needy IMO. However, both very nice people. He's got a career, she's finishing up college (commuting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
You planned your own bachelor party? fail on his behalf (unless of course you just decided what to do on your own.)

I had nothing to do with mine, was just told to save the date.
Well I wanted Montreal so I planned that part.

Quote:
Really? You're willing to demote his title of being your "best buddy" (and therefore being your best man) because he is honoring his marriage vows? Really? You're getting married yourself, man; do you even know what that means?

Edit: The best man doesn't always have to plan the bachelor party. It's not uncommon, especially if there are extenuating circumstances (distance, time, other commitments, etc.). Be a little understanding, and have another groomsman (or friend) plan the party.
See first response. There will be no breaking of marriage vows. Just guys having a good time. So I don't know where you get that idea. All the guys going are either married or committed relationships. It's not a bunch of guys going to get their dicks wet. We'll hit a strip club, but nothing crazy. Mostly guys BSing and drinking, harmless fun IMO. I think after 10 years and being titled best man he should have some loyalty and balls to tell his bride/relationship of 1 year that she can trust him and go away for 3 days.