View Single Post
      01-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #7
Mr.Bimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The SSD allows for faster access to data (i.e. programs on the drive, startup for windows, etc). The RAM and processor are more for multitasking and are more involved in the actual performance of various programs when running.

What is your OS and how much RAM does the laptop have? I'd agree with others that your system is probably bogged down with unnecessary software. Do you have anti-virus and/or anti-malware software? If you use it for mostly web browsing, there is a chance you have some spyware/malware or maybe a virus hogging resources.

Scan your PC, clean it up, then use disk defrag, delete some unused programs and features, then see how it runs. If it's still sluggish, it may be time for an upgrade, but I don't think the SSD will really help you that much. Likely the only difference you will see is that Windows loads almost instantly on startup. Not to mention, SSD's are expensive...

Windows 7, 4GB. I've always used Kaspersky, using Internet Sec 2013 and it seems to work great. I hardly download any programs and/or software. I haven't defragged for a long long time, and you're right I should do that right now. And I haven't scanned Kaspersky for a long time too, and I'm doing that now.

The fans / motor is always running on this thing, running loud loud. Heat also also being generated on the palms of my hands, coming from the pc. One website where my pc struggles is Nike.com. It stops and pauses big time when it tries to load more info on a page as I'm scrolling down.

I'm scanning now, will degrag later and see if I can clean anything else up after. I'll report back.
Appreciate 0