08-02-2009, 02:33 AM   #48
Antinontoxic
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitkis View Post
I understand the strategy of making "different" sportscar with ED and so on. Don't follow steps other brands have walked. Ok. But I can't imagine a person who buys an electric/hybrid sportscar if there are ordinary ones available. I want to feel and hear the car, not just drive it. I want to smell gas, hot brakes and power. Can electric car provide that? Absolutely not!
Who has talked anything about BMW making a full electric sportcar where you can't smell gas? And even if they would produce one, you seem to have your options ready if you want to smell gas, hot brakes and power, so why whine about it?

I personally think that this is a good thing if BMW can use ED technology in their sportcars. For God's sake, it's there to make it better, not worse! Even Ferrari is working with hybrid car and they are the ultimate sportcar manufacturer. Really can't see anything bad if BMW tries to look at the future rather than keeping with the old technology. I am sure that you would trade in your F430 without problems even if the new Ferrari would have some hybrid technology in it?

The R8 rival train has passed long time ago, so why make a M1 with the old V10 for example... if they are ever going to make it, isn't it better for all of us if they make it properly with the newest technology available?

And yes... making a R8 rival would cost a fortune for BMW. They can't just walk to Lambo to loan some parts as Audi did.
Appreciate 0