06-12-2008, 04:37 AM   #43
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Star View Post
Numbers is half the equation. Driving is the other half. You seem to know neither.

You can find out which car handles "better" by picking up a magazine and looking at the lateral G's, however, that does not necessary make the car better. Some people might want grip, some people might want oversteer, some people might want power, some people might want agility.

"I also bet you never drove a car with DSC completely off."

You just hold the DTC/DSC button for like three seconds, then you get a little triangle that shows up on your dash, and you're done. I'm pretty sure 80% of the forum HAS used that feature.
taking DSC off is nothing. driving it on a track is the real challenge. most on this forum will either not push it hard enough or crash. As for the magazine ratings, I don't trust any of them. You cannot observe their testing methods and you are just accepting what they present to you. You did not see what condition they are testing it with, track, drivers...then again, you might be able to hit an apple on the apex corner at max speed.

whatever...this is way off the topic. if you have enough money, buy whatever you like. I really dont give a crap since I don't regularly push my cars and only drive hard in performance schools.

btw, hope you had enough money to buy the AMG PP. Without it, it's completely useless. But of course you'd know that...