12-31-2012, 08:36 AM   #11
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_phox View Post
@Tech I was looking at some of your recent post and noticed you have this 1m style bumper. You mind posting a few pics so I can see what yours look like?
Based on your comments, fittment of this bummer is not perfect...so does this means it's not worth it?
Yes I have it.

1st of all, the quality of the work to mate the two together was barely average. When the body shop prepped the bumper for paint, there was a long crack along the seam where they put the two together. The shop had to reinforce the bumper heavily to get the crack to stop.

2nd, neither of the main scoops fit whatsoever. There is also no hardware to make them work properly with the M3. In addition, you lose some of the support bracketry that the M3 bumper uses.

In my case since I got the bumper used, there was no one I could really go to for "warranty" purposes. Since I did not buy the bumper from LTBMW directly, I would not expect them to help me in any way. Even if they were to fix the bumper, that would not have changed the fact that the scoops do not fit well and that the parts you have to eliminate make it somewhat less desirable.
Appreciate 0