View Single Post
      02-13-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
NeoE46
Connoisseur of Velocity
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 AW E92 M3 w/DCT

I just installed the GT (cat back) this past week and I use it as a daily driver. It is not as loud as the GT2. I will post a review sometime today. There is definitely drone with the setup I have and it occurs around 2800 - 3200 RPM. I recorded some in car footage, but the sound on the tape...at least on my computer setup, seems to drone around 2000 RPM. I am going to take some more footage to try and isolate the drone around 3K RPM.

I have the DCT x-mission and this equates to about 85 MPH in 7th gear. As long as your foot is not on the gas, there is no drone. The more throttle, the more drone until the RPM increases past 3200. I was looking for the drone, so I noticed it. Kind of helps to save a little fuel when driving on the highway. You can give it just enough gas that the velocity stays constant and there is no drone. Anything else and the drone increases. To be honest, it doesn't bother me.....I purchased the exhaust because I wanted to hear it. My wife on the other hand, she noticed it right away.
Appreciate 0