12-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #126
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post

Office park, more or less SE corner of I-5 and Jamboree.

The car was parked for many hours after my arrival and before the damage. If that was at all possible they would have had to follow me, note my location and return much later with the off chance the car would still be there (after 7 p.m.).

I agree (as did the Police) that the level of damage indicates some very strong personal feelings. I just cannot come up with a single suspect. It's impossible to know for sure but I am still strongly suspecting it was more or less random. Random less the choice of a reasonably nice car.
I also work in this area (Jamboree and 405 actually) and would also second the notion of someone who knows you, or your car.

As everyone who lives and works in the Irvine area knows, M3s are seriously a dime a dozen. (Especially white and/or silver ones.) There are also way nicer cars around. Maybe not nicer cars normally parked outside overnight, but still - a random attack seems unlikely. I've seen AMGs and Porsches parked overnight in my garage who obviously thought nothing of it (granted - I'm a little closer to Newport, and covered, but still.)

All my friends and I have modded (and conspicuously-colored) Ms, and the only place we've had any problems has been out of OC. (A concert in San Bernardino ended up with a keying and a stolen side gill.)

As a member of the M family, my condolences go out to you in this difficult time. That said, you have insurance, and it looks like a great opportunity to get a new paint job. All is not lost.
Appreciate 0