View Single Post
      09-15-2010, 01:24 AM   #38
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
No flat plane. Part of the reason why I feel Ferrari V8 sound so rough, abrasive and buzzy due to the flat plane.
Thanks man. That confirms my theory the best sounding engines have a proper cross-plane crank. Ferrari V8s don't sound appealing to me AT ALL. The V8 engine I like the best is the M3, and I don't think it'll be another better one, so I'll always miss this car when it's gone. Having said that, I prefer almost any other V8 engine sound before Ferrari. Remember hearing this F430 that sounded like it had gone 150K miles without a tune-up, burping, farting, and raspy as hell. Plus you have to pay over sticker for those things? No thanks, even if I had all the money in the world (just like Leno). I'm not a V10 fan, but after listening to this car, I'd gladly accept one as a gift . But prefer the V8 sound of my car. And stock .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
Record a few of the shows on Thursday. I've noticed that Directv has gotten many of the shows vehicles mixed up from show to show. So even if it says CTS-V vs AMG, record it anyway.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't record it because it said 'Ariel Atom vs KTM' this Thursday, plus an older 'Ferrari 548 and 599' after that. Since they couldn't even get right the 458, I'll record both just in case. And glad Tracy got the M3 because he's always jumping the gun . Thanks.
Appreciate 0