11-30-2008, 06:17 AM   #176
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Footie, did you miss where I specifically mentioned the Delta Integrale? Group B rally cars WERE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AND THE CLASS WAS DISBANDED! Lancia never dominated that class, they lost, you confused the cars.

You realize the Group B class was discontinued don't you? The reason being people kept killing themselves in those overpowered freak cars. The class was disbanded in 1986, BEFORE Lancia went on its winning streak starting in 1987 using the Integrale which WAS NOT TWIN CHARGED.

Nice try though Footie..
I think you misunderstood my original statement about Lancia, their rally cars and the technology. My point was that Lancia were a very well regarded engineering company who seen promise in the dual charging technology. They used supercharging in the Lancia 037 and replaced this with the technology above in the Delta S4 which I might add won the title in 1986 but due to scrutineering irregularities in the San Remo Rally it lost those points and the title was handed to Markku Alen in the Peugeot.

P.S.

I was there during one of the deaths in question so I know very well why they were banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Oh, and with the turbos, what you are referring to is sequential turbos, which is not twin charged by the definition you are using which is two separate power adders. It is still a twin turbo setup, and your idea still is stupid on an M car, but I still love you.

Oh, and Footie, the Delta S4 was never the car that brought Lancia its Manufacturers championships, it was a failure and a road going production model is not what it is based on. Still, nice try. Lancia themselves tried to replace it with the ECV but the class was scrapped and the Integrale with its turbo engine went on to dominate rally racing with a car actually based on a production model.
Sequential turbocharging is used in the 335d not the 335i which is twin turboed (each turbo used together at the same time, 1 turbo per 3 cylinders as in the 335i). But if I am wrong than I will admit it, maybe south can tell if I am correct or not.

Hopefully this pissing contest can be concluded and the discussion of possible M3 engines can get back on track.
Appreciate 0