06-27-2014, 11:35 PM   #27
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Any watch you reach the law of diminishing returns $-wise. VERY few of us actually use all the functionally, would notice if a movement is slightly better than others, etc. I am wearing an Aquatimer right now and have literally never used the chrono. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Ploprof and the deepest water it's likely to ever see is 10'. That said buy what you like and what you can afford. Don't get all caught up on the "gotta have the latest model because it's better" bullshit because honestly most people are better off with last year's model and the extra $ in the bank.
+100

Truth be told, there's not one practical reason to spend more than a couple hundred bucks on a watch. Buying the fancy and high-priced watches that are out there is strictly an indulgence. Some folks may choose to pamper themselves with one, but that's no different than folks buying pricey cars or expensive clothes or anything else. As I've long said, the primary reason people buy high-end things is because they can, not because they need to.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0