Garage List
2011 e90 M3-Sold  [8.50]
2003 RS6 - Sold  [0.00]
2009 e90 M3 - Gone  [0.00]
2003 M3 SOLD  [0.00]
old 2002  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yervais View Post
Our stock air-boxes are extremely good at flowing air in... so much that sometimes your filter could get clogged in with debris... so thats why you might be experiencing a decrease in your range...

Either open you airbox to see whats up or try this... buy an aftermarket air filter I got the ape performance one... I know this will sound crazy but they improve the car quite a lot for city driving due to better throttle response and milage goes up... with the stock filter I used to get 240 miles on one tank on shell now with the ape air filter I got 270-290 and very nice throttle response...

So give it a try... this is on a 2009 E92
Don't listen to this guy. He has no idea what he is talking about. An air filter change will NOT improve your mileage. Never. Ever. Oh I forgot, if you happen to be driving a car with... err, what are those things called.... oh yeah, a carburetor, you may get an improvement. Last time I checked, my car didn't have a carburetor.

I don't know how many miles the OP has, but my mileage fell off a bit before my 30k mile service. New plugs took care of that. Also, all other things being equal, your car will get better mileage in hot weather than in cold.
Appreciate 0