View Single Post
      04-18-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
DutchManticore
Private
Rep
Drives: None yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANIFM3 View Post
It was a Saturday afternoon (yesterday) the wife and kid weren't in the car with me this time around, so I didn't have to hold back in my e90 M3.

I was heading on 84 West and was preparing to take the on-ramp onto 101 north...I pressed the 'M' button and gunned it from 2nd to 3rd while jumping onto the on-ramp. The on-ramp begins with a slight right-hand curve and then of course straightens-out onto the freeway (this on ramp turns into a new lane on the freeway). There were no cars on the on-ramp, so I was on it like a bat out of hell, I freaking blew right past a CHP officer on 101 and then I put the stops on.

Too late, he comes right behind me and follows me for a minute and pulls me over...

...He walks over the passenger side front window and asked me "do you know how fast you were going?"...I told him I don't remember, maybe under 80 mph...he laughed and said I (CHP) was doing 80 mph and you blew right past me. I told him if he could let me off as a warning, cause my wife would kill me hehe...

As he was talking to me about my speed, he was totally checking out the M, he really loved the way it looked. He walked to the front of the car and walked back to the passenger side window.

I'm gonna give you a fix-it ticket for no front license plate. Hallelujah!

He told me try to find a device which won't force you to drill holes into the front bumper and then take the front license off after you get it fixed. I told him I saw a front tow hook type of license plate bracket online, he nodded that was a great idea. He stated "if i had an M3, I wouldn't have a front license plate either".

I shook his hand and told him have a nice day.

I tell you, this car freaking rocks! I'll be attending the M-driving school in late June...can't wait to unleash the beast!
Just remember that it's all due to the cops friendliness... you deserved that ticket full-on. Justa s long as you remember that :P
Appreciate 0