02-10-2008, 03:27 PM   #68
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
engine is the only thing corvette has. to be fair, even the engine is nothing special. bmw can extract 100hp+/liter any day, out of any engine.

while ls3 and ls7 are more advanced than predecessors, there is absolutely zero technological advancement. engine is still a push-rod with 16 valves and getting 505hp out of 7L or 436 out of 6.2L is nothing special. of course in a typical GM matter, to obtain extra 36hp, instead of revising intake/exhaust sides out of their previous 6L engine, chevy increases displacement. how innovative!!!

haven't been following on suspension. are they still on leaf springs? interior is still out of a rental malibu and on-center steering feel is disastrous in comparison to any other $50k performance car.

great power bargain for drag strip. thats about it.
You obviously havent tracked a vette, oh when you talk about leaf springs
I bet you dont understand how they are facing or why?

On a Track the Corvette is now a serious competitor, but I doubt you have driven one there. I have afriend with a Z06 near Lime rock, is that anywhere close ? The LS3 motor was already in Chevys line up so they put it in the Vette. I will put a C6 up against an M3 on any road race track and they will be close.