02-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #5
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bimmer View Post
As for the D4 setting, on my way home from work I stopped to get a bite to eat. Before I shut the car off, I had been driving in D4. This was after the fact that when I started the car when I left work, it was in the default D2. When I went to start the car after eating, it went back to D2. It always does this. What am I doing wrong? It's like the car is not remembering the last D setting, unless I'm doing something wrong... It's not like this is a huge deal, I just hate D1-D3, they feel like crap. And for the last 17k miles of driving this car, I've had to manually adjust the D settings everytime. It's getting old.

I'll try that EDC method. I don't want to mess with my M drive setting though. I have my M drive set-up a particular way.
There is no way to have a default drivelogic setting, as far as I'm aware. I'm lucky that my car starts in S3 all the time (which is what I like to use). I don't know why BMW left that out of the M key settings menu.

As for EDC, M-key is not the same as your M-drive. M drive settings refer to the M button on your steering weheel. M key refers to the performance settings that are initiated when you start the car with THAT specific key. Give it a try
Appreciate 0