United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 M3 Laguna Seca Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by netjack View Post
which panel and how did you remove it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by netjack View Post
i found your DIY..i don't think it's the absolute rear panel. I believe it's coming from the panel where the seatbelt holder is.
No, it's not the rear parcel shelf. There are a few steps to access the panel. I did this initially because I thought it was the seat belt butler as well, but when the panel is off, you can tap on it and see where it's coming from.

-Remove the rear bottom seat cushion by pulling up to release two clips on the outer sides of the front lip of the seat.

-Remove the side seat bolster by pushing it up into the rear seat belt housing cover and then pull out. You have to release a pin tat is about a half inch long on the bottom of the bolster.

-You may or may not need to remove the C pillar, as the panel slots in to a piece of it, but if you do, remove the airbag clip and unscrew with a torx screwdriver (maybe T20) and pull in towards middle of car to release two clips.

-To remove panel, take off the trim (carbon leather, titanium, whatever you have) to expose two screws, also torx.

-After removing the two screws, reach down to the bottom of he panel and simply begin to pry it out away from the car body to release 4 or 5 clips as well as the ones up by the window.

-Once out, the only thing attached is the speaker wire, so check out and see if that plastic piece is attached and not slotted in to it's place, or see if the speaker is buzzing, whatever you find, and use some felt tape to silence it.

-Let me know of any questions
Mods: |Electronic Performance Steering Wheel|ZCP CF Spoiler|ZCP CF Spliters|ZCP CF Mirrors|Edition Front Grilles|Edition Side Grilles|BMW Performance Brake Handle|3D Design Pedals| Style Rumore Exhaust|H&R Springs|LCI Tails|Challenge CF Door Panels|
Appreciate 0