View Single Post
      06-28-2009, 10:42 PM   #8
guarnibl
Major
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Market is changing for the better IMO, but people are still used to the killer deals of just a few weeks ago, but they're no more. They're still great deals, but nothing like the $15K below MSRP I was referring to.
I don't think it's a great time to sell for that reason, but your best bet by far is to sell on your own (you can list it on Ebay 4 times without charge), and follow a few auctions to a close to see what's the present value of your car, and based on that, make the decision to buy or not. If you were to trade you'd lose your proverbial a$$, so glad you're not on a bind. Good luck man, and sorry to see you go.

As a final comment, I'm going to drive my car even less than you per year, but will keep it for a long time. You should reconsider, unless you have something else in mind.
Yeah... I love the car, but man -- I definitely thought I was going to use it here in Chicago. I used it all the time in DC... but it's not worth the money to only drive it a few times a month. I have the money... by all means -- but, there comes a point where it's just stupidity. I'd get more use out of a boat here in Chicago, lol - even if its only for 4 months out of the year.

The one linked to in Seattle is a fantastic deal. $58k - car doesn't have wheel/tire package and has 4k more miles than mine (though, not sure that makes much of a difference). But yeah, damn. So figure $59k with wheel/tire package. So yeah, that would put a trade around $55k. That's crazy low.

Hopefully we see slower depreciation since the market is improving a bit. Unfortunately, with the 2010's coming, I don't think that will happen.