07-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #42
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by F000007 View Post
There is nothing vain or showman about Astons (only the person behind the wheel can possibly be such). These cars are the exact opposite. Where Ferrari and especially Lamborghini are as extrovert and pretentious as possible, Aston plays in that league with cars that are immensely more understated and subdued. They are purchased by people who appreciate the best old-world craftsmanship and technological art that is infused into these cars, coupled with great performance which is never on the same level as Ferrari/Lamborghini but these people do not care one bit about that because the last thing on their mind is weather the car does 0-60 in 4 or 5 seconds and if it hits 200 mph or a little less than that. It is the immaculate hand-built work that makes Astons the most gorgeous cars in the world (matter of personal taste of course) and this is the main reason why people choose to buy one. I have driven the 4.7l V8V and it is an indescribably special car and it outshines the M3 in every aspect except the performance numbers which are almost identical (it does have 50 lb/ft of torque more so the power delivery is a bit better). The M3 is the ultimate bargain made possible by the size and structure of BMW and the fact that it shares a lot of development expenses and components with regular series cars (not talking only about the technical things). I love the M in every way and it is a car that many more people know about and therefore it gets even more attention (quantitatively) than an Aston. With this said, I am of a mindset as described above and love Astons most so my next purchase will be one of their cars. I am as discreet as possible and never like to get unnecessary attention so prefer to be least noticed. I buy a car solely for my personal enjoyment and if I could drive it without anyone taking notice it would be the optimal outcome. Of course this is not a possibility living in a large city. Just describing things from a perspective of existing and future Aston owners because I get the impression that there are oversights made in people's comments.

+ 1 Very well said, my next vehicle will most likely be a AM V8 and then we can order it together
Appreciate 0