lambtron
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW2006 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1919059

Yep, I know it's not SI, but no one reads ESPN magazine outside of Ohio?

It was national news, and College game day was respectfully asked not to come the week after they ran the article. I think they went to Idaho instead of the OSU Vs. Michigan game. Like I said, all major programs are up to something. Just take your lumps and hope the appeals succeed and don't ruin the careers of the players who are playing now, who had nothing to do with this.

-BMW2006
Sorry, I forgot to use my sarcasm font with the news comment. I do hope USC handles this well, if not, they can kiss the #1 recruiting class goodbye for years to come. I don't think it'll affect the players who are on the team now, their skills and character can do the talking.

On a sidenote, I think the whole amateurism legislation is a bunch of red tape bs. The fact of the matter is, these companies and celebrities are going to support/endorse/pay/whatever you wanna call it the star athletes of the game regardless of school. The way I see it, if a college student wants to make a few bucks...er...few million on the side from an outside party not affiliated with the school they are attending, then let em, unless of course it is illegal activity.