View Single Post
      01-02-2014, 07:08 PM   #55
mike the snake
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

You have an exceptional Sub if it's only off 1 second a month. The position alone has a few seconds variance. My local jeweler adjusted mine, and depending on the position I set it at at night time, it's close to 1 second per day off, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but I don't think an automatic can consistently be accurate to 1 second a month. I could be wrong.

I LOVE my Submariner. My 1st one was destroyed in a motorcycle crash. I was on the ground, broken bones, hurt pretty bad, and this guy handed me my busted up Submariner, and I was more bummed about that than totalling my new Ducati.

I'd get a used Sub, lots to be had and their value has only gone up over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
I had the OMEGA Seamaster Professional since Nov of last year but decided to ditch it for a Rolex Submariner. Here are some of my reasons

Seamaster
-Resale value is horrible
-Bracelet scratches way too easy with the revised bracelet (cheaper build?)
-Fully wound, it's +3 second/day
-Bezel hard to rotate
-Numbers on the ceramic bezel is painted and can be scuffed off
-Chrome-polished stainless steel surface can show scratches more

Submariner
-Resale value appreciates
-904L SS updated bracelet with solid links
-+1 second/MONTH
-Bezel smooth as butter and grippy
-Bezel Numbers engraved and coated with platinum
-Dial and Hour Markers are Gold
-Lighter, more pleasant to wear

One has to appreciate the quality of materials made to justify buying a Rolex, and of course the price.

You can get an Omega for 15-25% off from your Authorized Dealer but for Submariner they do about 1-5% off.
Appreciate 0