04-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #20
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiptomylou37 View Post
I really can't give an exact number because my commission varies from month to month, but AFTER taxes I would say I usually make 5-6k a month, thats including the 1k/month I make from my side job.
Then the majority of people on here would probably tell you to not do it, but we're only young once :P

You may consider lease transfer to limit liability and debt; don't want to buy a new car now only to have it drop in value significantly in only a couple years.
IMO, E9X M3s will really lose value once the new F8X comes out... similar to how you can get E46s for dirt cheap now.

I'm also personally against buying used cars that are close to finishing their warranty (thus 09s would be out)

If I were in your position, I would look for a lease transfer, or possible a new lease depending on what they are.
I do know you can get a loaded $76k M3 for 5k OTD 840/month tax inc 15k mi/year.
Reduce miles to 10k and you can do it for considerable less (.146 saved per mile + higher residual, giving you a better overall lease)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65 View Post
I say pay down debt, buy property, then buy your dream car. No offense but owning a house, having kids, and having a nice car you need to make like double what your making now. Be smart. Make money with your money before you think about toys.
I don't see how the having kids part is relevant, since he did say no kids (and no serious relationship, so, as long as he's smart, he won't be having kids for a bit).

I agree with the first 2 100%. "little" CC debt can be a lot depending on your definition of 'little'
But he mentioned he may be relocated for work, so buying a home wouldn't be smart. investment property can work, but he would need to hire a manger/company to take care of it in case he's relocated
Appreciate 0