aznbenz07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 Evolution x gsr, 2007 328xi

Garage List
2007 BMW 328 xi  [0.00]
2008 Mitsubishi  [0.00]
wow, I'm surprised there are so many convo's on the bimmer forum that I can help with ok. First off I can help answer this question because I've driven all three cars 328xi, evo x gsr and sti. I know the in's and out's of them all and it will basically come down to what you want to do with the car.

jcab1212- You say that you want to mod... Then the Evo is the better choice, the sti is more expensive pound for pound then the evo to mod (that's a fact)

The sti is faster straight off the showroom floor and has better interior (Except the seats, sti's seats are TRASH and the evo seats although some have had loose staples the evo seats hold you like a glove and look BADASS) and the sti is legendery for having a nicer exhaust note. Many that went from sti to evo have been quoted for only missing the sound. But many don't like the styling, I pull my evo out once a week nice and clean and shiny and people loose their minds coming up asking about it on the street, "is that a audi", " how much power are you putting out", "Dude you know thats my dream car right".

While all sti forums have shunned the looks of the new sti, women will not like the looks of it. The sti is not a chick magnet, they think it looks immature. But again that's why I said it's about what you want it for, if your married this wont matter. Also the evo has no trunk or pass through, in terms of space the sti is the clear winner! Rear seats fold down fully and evo has a battery and fluids in the trunk with literally no trunk room. Here's my trunk fitting only my gym bag and bumper guard! And a forum member coming from home depot in their sti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asian010 View Post
sti. its track proven to beat the evo 10. but if you have a big budget for modding get a normal wrx. 0-60 wrx beats a sti.
This is ABSOLUTELY incorrect! The Evo X in every test beats the sti around the track! The MR is fastest then the gsr then the sti then the wrx at time trial tracks. See this link -> http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1

The evo's steering is MUCH more sharp then the sti, and is a more hardcore track vehicle while the sti's shocks tend to soak up bumps more. The evo has active yaw control with a 60/40 split and the sti can change it's split with the twist of a knob to be more of a rear wheel drive car (which is awsome you can drift it better) The sti is faster in the 1/4 mile off the lot then the evo gsr by about 2 tenths of a sec being around 13.3 I personally did 13.4 in my evo stock now I'm doing 12.8's, I wouldn't really even think about the mr for 1/4 mile tests it's acceleration is just too slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
STI styling is growing on me, but EvoX still looks more aggressive. STI seems to be tuned a bit softer according to reviews, but it also is a smidge faster. So pretty much a toss up between the two, the biggest difference is the styling IMO. The EvoX is more attention grabbing while the STI is much more sleeper-ish (especially since its a hatch).

If you must have automatic (TC-SST), then only the EvoX MR gives you that.
I agree 100% but I HATE the tc-sst though, it limits the capabilities of the evo unless you'll want to do time attack, the tc-sst can over heat and eventually not make as much power as the gsr. Also no matter how you slice it, if you get the gsr you WILL HAVE TO BUY A CLUTCH I would get the exedy twin disk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazed792 View Post
+1. I think the WRX is slightly faster than the STi in the 1/4 mile as well. Plus it's a lot less money, if that's a big factor (sounds like it sort of is, anyway).
It's not faster. It did get a power bump that is underated so it doesn't cut into the sti's market but off the lot floor it's not faster. It does however offer better styling in some peoples opinion but it's just not the same in terms of handling. Wrx guys always pull up to me on the highway thinking "their faster then an sti so they wanna see what the evo has" not knowing my mod list, we do a roll from 30 and I just walk away like 10 car lengths. They come back amazed like," what's in that thing"
So that's all I've got, pm me with any questions I've also driven and raced 335's and g37's I can give insight on comparisons between those and the sti and evo x.

Here's some pics for comparison

By the way I like the wicked white evo the best then the blue colors, and the same for the sti. White and blue

Also, the sti is the most soft handling out of the 328, evo, and sti the 328 is the roughest with it's terrible hitting run flats.