05-18-2008, 07:07 PM   #72
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I have no idea if the Corvette is durable or not, I never owned one.... I've just owned numerous other GM vehicles. To me it just feels like GM cheaps out on their vehicles wherever possible, aside from the drivetrains which are usually pretty good. That's not a fact, just an opinion.

I'm sure BMW has their share of problems, for example my parents had a 2005 545 and it had problems so BMW switched the VIN on their lease and gave them a brand new '07 550i.
I agree, GM definitely cut corners in the past, and it has cost them dearly (most of the car market). However, I like to exclude the Corvette. The Corvette has always gotten more-than-the-usual attention because GM realizes that it has become an American icon. With the updated C6 version released this year, the Corvette has become a much more refined piece of machinery. Car and Driver remarked on how much the car has improved from a handling standpoint. It most likely won't match a BMW in terms of overall balance and feedback, but I suspect there will be more than a few people would sacrifice that in return for the style, heritage, and value the Corvette offers.
Appreciate 0