10-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #35
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
There is a big problem with chassis dyno's. It depends on what type of dyno they're using. The only way to truely test hp figures is to pull the engine out and put it on a bench dyno. Chassis dyno are usually used to measure a gain for aftermarket parts to gauge the increase of the stock output.
I had a long discussion with Katech Engineering at Corvettes @ Carlisle a few years back. My stock Z06 dynoed at 445 rwhp on the dyno, with a 15% powertrain loss that is 524 crank hp. When I told him this he said that all the engines from GM that they've dynoed on a bench dyno come in right about 505hp. He said the difference is the way the chassis dyno measure hp.
Don't put too much credit to these numbers. Dyno a 335 back to back with the S4 and see the difference.

I agree completely, but this graph shows it makes the rated power, AT THE WHEELS, and ALL wheel drive at that!!! Doesn't matter what kind of dyno, that engine is WAY underrated.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0